Friday 4 June 2010

Up to the big big city...

This morning I'm up to what I call the big big city Bristol. Exeter is the big city, London the big big big city. Bristol is somewhere in between. I have a weeks work stalking deer in Arnos Vale cemetery. They want to do a census of the deer that have somehow turned up there. I don't think they want to cull them as I reckon they are listed but they just want to know what's what and try and find out how the buggers got there. I don't reckon they hoofed it down the M32. It should be interesting I got the job through an old mate who is the head honcho on the council for looking after all the allotments in the city. They tried Johnny Kingdom but he was too expensive. I said I'd do it for me bus fare and a few pub lunches and suppers
They call Bristol the gateway to the West but from my perspective I've always thought of it as the gateway to the Midlands. Still it'll be good to catch up with some of me old mates. Pity the football isn't on as I could pop up to watch Rovers and there is a lovely old pub up that way, Horfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment