Saturday 16 June 2012

Puffin attacks Razorbill, Lundy

 

Blimey, I see it's all kicking off over on Lundy. I must get over there some time this year and catch up with all that's been going on. I think I'll take me tent and spend a few days birding and a few evenings in the Marisco Tavern. Tell you what though those puffins can be right little buggers. They'll have you if you disturb them. One time I was mobbed by a whole flock of them when I was fishing off the rocks. They came down from he cliffs, hundreds of them, all was a blur of beaks and feathers as I beat a hasty retreat back to Benson's cave. I left me sandwiches and bait on the rocks and they soon made short shrift of that. Picked clean in seconds. They might look all cute and innocent but they're cold hearted killers inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment