Wednesday 4 August 2010

Plant foood..........

I was on the computers in the library this morning looking for some cyber advice in order to bring on my rather sad bedreggled and sodden tomato plants when I happened upon a site advertising plant food and fertilizer right in the middle of town. They seemed to have quite a selection and it all looked a bit more scientific then the stuff they sell out at Trelawney's or B&Q so I thought I'd pop over to Barum Arcade and take a look meself and I wasn't disappointed as they hold an interesting line in stock. It's all a bit of a mish mash as they don't seem seem to specialize in one thing or the other. They got candles in there, bath salts and smoking equipment but I can't see how I could do me mackerel with any of the contraptions they were selling. They look like water purifiers or fancy coffee percolaters to me. Anyway, I asked the young fellow in there if he had anything for tomato plants and he gave me a matey grin and the next thing I know he reaches under the counter and brings out a huge selection of little bright coloured packets of what I thought was sherbet they certainly didn't have little pictures of flowers on them. However, he assured me they were just what I needed for me plants. Well I'll try anything once especially where me garden is concerned so I took a small selection of the more effective, scientific looking ones and the fellow gave me a discount as he said I was to try 'em all and that way I'd find the one that works for me. Fair enough, for I never fail to not look a gift horse in the mouth. The young chap also noticed my bike propped up against the window and he asked me if I needed anything to stop my brakes from squeaking on the rims  because he said, giving me another wink and grin, he had just the stuff. Well, although I normally pop next door to Gordy to get me bike tweaked, me brakes were squeaking a bit so I said sure why not but I told him not to tell Gordy. He gave me a little bottle of something called GBX it sure smells as if it'll do the job and more besides.
            As I was cycling back home I thought to meself how pleasant it was to find such a handy little business right  in the town centre staffed by knowledgeable  and enthusiastic folk which is evidently thriving in spite of competition from otherlger out of town garden centres and national home store chains which proliferate on the edges of our town centres.

Here is a handy link......

For all your plant food needs

No comments:

Post a Comment