Sunday 23 January 2011

Olive Bennett R.I.P Film update

I was very sad to hear of the passing of Ms Bennett. I always love this photo of Mr Ravilious's. I tore it out of his book, the one I gave the Old Boy for his 80th. I stuck it in a frame and have had it up on my wall for a few years now. It always makes me laugh. Lovely maid.

Here is a little piece they put in the Journal about her.

STRONG: Olive Bennett and her Red Devon cows.  Image by James Ravilious for the Beaford Archive © Beaford Arts.
THE FARMING community has lost one of its most colourful characters with the death of Olive Bennett.
A farmer all her life she died peacefully on December 23 at the age of 68.
She was once photographed by James Ravilious and her picture is part of his extensive pictorial record of rural life.
She was born on March 29, 1942, at Cuppers Piece, Beaford, where her parents, Cyril and Beatrice Bennett, ran a farm.

I have just received a link for a film about Olive and the impending visit of the man from the ministry.
Take a look and see what a true North Devon character she was

http://www.filmannex.com/movie/film/22305/olive

Thanks for that Anson

2 comments:

  1. I knew her and made a film about her - http://www.filmannex.com/movie/film/22305/olive

    she was wonderful and natural. no pretense.
    thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a shame the short piece of film about olive,it's not on u tube anymore that was a classic piece of history

    ReplyDelete