Thursday 11 November 2010

Feelin' mazed as a rattle

It's a wild night tonight down on the foreshore at Ashford Strand. A dirty old night as me Granfer used to say, when you'll find only the devil and fools abroad. Still time and tide waits for no man so regular as clockwork I have been down and put me night lines out. It's a bleddy evil evening down there what with the wind, relentless it is, I reckon there must be a 100 mile an hour gusts. My thoughts go  to all of those out there, at peril on the sea. Lights 'ave started flickering now, the curtains are billowing and the rain is drashing down, rain made brackish by ocean spray spuming miles inland. Oddly enough though me fuchsias have to decided to re-bloom! All this proper meddle and caper and strange goings on  has left me feeling as mazed as a rattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment