Sunday 7 November 2010

Slovenia - God's own country

Slovenia: the land of my maternal ancestors. Tucked away as it is on the top of the Adriatic sea. My old Gran who was apparently as English as they come ignoring the fact that her parents were Jewish tailors from Peckham, her always said that there was a I quote" a touch of the tar brush in the family". Of course on the old boy's side I hail from the bogs at the source of the Tamar and we can trace ourselves back to when surnames was first invented. But on me mother's side turns out we are all Slovenian. I chanced upon this information after I posted a freedom of information request asking for me DNA details from Devon and Cornwall Police who took a sample after I was arrested, I hasten to add that I was completely discharged at Exeter Magistrates Court,  after the fracas me and Damian had with the bleddy jobsworth Station Manager at Exeter St. David's . Hirsty got done for it, he took the wrap so they say. Mind you it was him who bought the bottle of fancy Scandanavian vodka from that Sainsbury's on Paddy Station up in London.
So all CSI like I had been profiled and I now have the little chart. Fair play I have a lot of markers on the Celtic fringe 49% it is but rather weirdly I have 51% of me markers in and around the Adriatic mainly Slovenia. Fancy that!

Please follow the links below to find out more about the wonderful country of Slovenia. I am saving up for me coach trip next spring.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenia

http://www.slovenia.info/

Looks bleddy lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment