Sunday 2 May 2010

The wit and wisdom of Bob Cobley

This morning I popped down Pilton Street to pick up the News of the World as me cousin was in it. She is getting married to Hugh Hefner, the playboy bloke and they had a double page spread where she was able to show off her assets and tell the British people how she made Mr Hefner all hot under the collar. She is one of the West Bromwich Mannings, my uncle Terry married a brummy who he met at Nalgo down at Croyde. So, because me Mother wanted to see what her niece was up to I made a trip down to Cobleys. Now Bob is a nice bloke, I've known him all my life and I always pop in once a month to get me Spanish Galleon model magazine. I've been building it month by month over the last three years so I always like to chew the fat with the boy however today he was in a very perspicative frame of mind. In only the few minutes I was in their we went from discussing the election through to call centres and on to the assorted local editions of the Journal. Good old Bob stocks the lot, the sign of a good newsagent. He has the Barnstaple Edition, the Bideford edition and the Ilfracombe edition. You must be aware if you ever go in there to pick up the correct edition as you could end up reading about the pride of Ilfracome awards rather than the article about a load of blokes who have blacked up and put on pink wigs to do a run for the local kiddies home. Bob though is a veritable mine of information and after I bought the NotW he did his favourite trick of dropping all my change on the counter rather than handing it over. Oh we had a laff it was only the seventieth time that he played that joke on me,

No comments:

Post a Comment